The Website Has Moved

Attention! The Bark Online Has moved locations. Please Click on the link below to view the new website.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feature Teacher - Mrs. Guy

Written by: Jessica Allen '13
          Mrs. Guy is new to ERHS this year, but not to teaching. She’s taught grades K-6 for 8 years and says she was nervous about coming to the high school.
         “So far 4th grade is my favorite to teach,” says Guy. “But I love teaching at the High School so much that it very well could change.”
          She is going into her ninth year of teaching and loves it. She currently teaches English 9 with Mr. Whitmyer, Algebra 1 with Mrs. Millbrook, and has her own Study Skills class.
Mrs. Guy attended Sienna Heights for her Undergrad degree and to play college soccer. Later she went to Western Michigan University for her Master’s because they had the best program.
          Mrs. Guy is married and has a 17-month old son. She used to coach the JV Girls Soccer team but had to quit because family came first.
In her spare time Mrs. Guy has many hobbies. “I love playing soccer, running, walking, biking, going to the lake, and painting/water coloring.”
         “The most influential person in my life was my grandfather. He taught me to live an honest, respectful, and giving life. I don’t get to see him very often, but I’ve always had a ton of respect for him because he’s such a warm, giving Christian person,” says Mrs. Guy. “I also admired is my 4th grade teacher, Miss Schultz because she inspired me to become a teacher.
         She was the most energetic, fun-loving, caring teacher I ever had and she made every day a new adventure. Miss Schultz always reminded me of the Magic School Bus teacher, Ms. Frizzle because she was so crazy and spunky,” says Guy.
         Her favorite class in college was Art History because she just loved learning about different cultures and enjoyed the class very much. The class she enjoys teaching the most now is English because she loves reading and writing.
        Mrs. Guy feels that teaching is the best profession for her. “I wouldn’t change my profession even if I could because I love teaching and can’t see myself doing anything else... I decided to be a teacher because I love children and had always aspired to. My favorite thing about being at the high school is that I’m always moving and no two days are the same,” says Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment